If you feel like an indulgence, this smoothie is your one way ticket to gluttony. The rich ingredients blending into an ice cold smoothie make this the perfect dessert! The secret is the peanut butter, which adds a creamy flavour with a slight salty note which compliments all the sweetness from the Nutella and banana. Consider yourself warned, its addictive!
Makes 4 smoothies
3 heaped tablespoons of nutella hazel nut spread
2 heaped tablesspoons of peanut butter smooth spread
1 large banana, frozen
400 ml full cream milk
2 cups of ice cubs
1 cup good quality vanilla ice cream
¼ cup roasted, peeled and chopped hazelnuts for garnish
ground cinnamon for garnish
- Gently heat Nutella in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Then in a blender place ice, frozen banana, milk, icecream, peanut butter and 2/3 of the melted Nutella.
- Place lid on blender and process for 2-3 minutes or until smoothie is thick, creamy and has no chunks of ice.
- In the mean time use remaining melted Nutella to decorate around the inside of each smoothie glass.
- Pour each smoothie and garnish with some cinnamon and roasted chopped hazelnuts.