Lamb is such an Aussie favourite, and we just love spicing it up with these delicious indian inspired flavours.
The marinade is full of big flavours, like ginger, garlic and garam masala. There’s also a good hit of chilli, which is softened with the delicious minted yoghurt. You can also try serving this minted yoghurt with your next roast lamb – just delicious!
Did you know that you can turn everyday boring mash into something spectacular? Just by adding some Chives, you get a lovely flavour which compliments almost any meal, whether it be steak, sausages, or grilled seafood.
2 tbsp minced Garlic
2 tbsp minced or grated Ginger
1 teaspoon of chopped Chilli
1 tbsp garam masala powder
2 tsp ground cumin seed
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp salt
For the potato
2 tbsp chopped Chives
2 tbsp unsalted butter
¼ cup hot milkFor the lamb
12 lamb cutlets
1 free range egg
2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese)
1.5 cups Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil, for fryingFor the sauce
1 cup natural yoghurt
2 tbsp GourmetGarden Mint
2 tbsp GourmetGarden Coriander
1 lime, juiced
salt and pepper
Green salad leaves
- For the marinade, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Add lamb cutlets and coat well. Marinate for at least 15 minutes, or preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Place unpeeled potato in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer until tender (20-30 mins, depending on size of potato). Once cooked, drain and peel using rubber gloves and a small knife. Discard skin, and mash flesh. Stir in butter, hot milk and Gourmet Garden Chives. Season to taste and keep warm.
- Lightly beat the egg in a bowl then gently mix into marinated lamb. Dip each lamb cutlet into breadcrumbs and coat thoroughly. Pour 1/3 of the oil into a large non stick fry pan and heat to medium. Pan fry 1/3 of the cutlets at a time, turning after 3 minutes and continuing to cook for another 3 minutes. Repeat for remaining cutlets. Drain on paper towel.
- For the sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- To serve, place a dollop of mash on the plate and top with lamb cutlets. Serve salad and sauce on the side.